Call for proposals
- Open Access
- Call for proposals
- User Guide
- Labs and Instruments
- Open Access Offer
- Battery Research
- Fuel Cells Research
- Login to VUO
- Review Panel
- How to Reach Us
Call for proposals
Call for proposals for access to integrated multidisciplinary facilities for Materials and Biomaterials
CERIC-ERIC offers access through a single entry point to more than 60 different and complementary state of the art techniques and support laboratories, distributed in 10 countries, with the submission of single or multi-technique proposals. A detailed description of the facilities available in CERIC can be found here.
Access to CERIC is open to scientists from all over the world and free of charge, provided the results end data are made available to the community in a reasonable time, according to our Scientific Data Policy.
- March 1st 2023 at 17:00 CET to have a pre-evaluation and the possibility to improve your proposal
- March 30th 2023 at 17:00 CET final submission, recommended only for users that are expert in all the techniques requested.
How to apply
Partial support for user’s mobility will be available for a maximum of two users through funding provided to CERIC from the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research. Read the policy here.
What is new in this call
CERIC is increasing its capacities in the field of Energy Materials. To this end, we will upgrade some beamlines/instruments this year to improve our services. In the first step, the upgrades will address battery research. We invite the users to check the instruments pages or contact the instruments scientists for forthcoming developments.
Additional instruments available
- European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) Nanobiotechnology Laboratory in Ispra, Italy
- Holographic Electron Microscopy (HoloTem) at University of Salento in Lecce, Italy
- Mass Spectrometry Laboratory (MSI) at University of Salerno, Italy
CERIC continues to offer access to
- Ultra Resolved Angular Photoelectron Spectroscopy URANOS@SOLARIS (former UARPES)
- Absorption Spectroscopy beamline in Tender energy Range and Above ASTRA@SOLARIS (former SOLABS)
- Soft X-ray absorption spectroscopy PIRX@SOLARIS (former PEEM/XAS)
- Near Ambient Pressure Electron Spectroscopy EnviroESCA@Charles University Prague
- Focused Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscopy LYRA dual beam FIB/SEM@Charles University Prague
CERIC is currently negotiating the addition to the open access of the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) at LAGE laboratory in Trieste, Italy.
We may add it during the current Call for Proposals. Stay tuned for more information.
Some instruments at the Light Scattering Laboratory@TUGraz are under maintenance. If you intend to apply for this facility, please contact Heinz Amenitsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of the CERIC facilities may propose to perform measurements remotely, through sample mailing.
It will be possible to express your availability for remote measurements in the proposal submission form.
For the following synchrotron beamlines, only multi-technique proposals will be considered:
- BAEL – Band Dispersion and Electron-Phonon Coupling
- ESCA – Esca Microscopy
- GAPH – Gas Phase Photoemission
- SUES – High Resolution Core-level Photoemission Spectroscopy
- IUVS – Inelastic Scattering with Ultraviolet Radiation
- MCX – Materials Characterisation by X-ray Diffraction
- NASP – Nanospectroscopy
- TwinMic – Soft X-ray Transmission and Emission Microscope
- SPEM – Spectromicroscopy
- SISSI-Bio – Synchrotron Infrared Source for Spectroscopy and Imaging (Chemistry & Life Sciences)
- SISSI-Mat – Synchrotron Infrared Source for Spectroscopy and Imaging (Materials science)
- SYRMEP – Synchrotron Radiation for Medical Physics
- XAFS – X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy
- XRD1 – X-ray Diffraction
The first step allows a pre-evaluation of the proposal at the facilities, followed by two weeks for editing before final submission at the second deadline. Although we suggest taking advantage of the pre-evaluation, expert users may decide to submit their proposals directly at the second deadline.
Fast track access
Read the CERIC Scientific Data Policy here
CERIC user office: email@example.com