Dr. Kolar is Executive Director of CERIC-ERIC, a pan-European research infrastructure in the field of characterisation of materials and bio-materials. She has a broad range of expertise, ranging from management, policy development and implementation, research to innovation. Among others, she was:
- Director-General of Science in Technology at the Ministry in Slovenia
- Chairman of the Board of Slovenian Technology Agency
- Member of the Governing Board of Slovenian Research Agency
- Member of the Governing Board and its Executive Committee, European Institute of Innovation and Technology
- Member of the High-Level Group of Innovators for a European Innovation Council, that advised the Commission on how to strengthen support for breakthrough, market-creating innovation.
She is currently a member of the ERA Council Forum Austria – a high-level expert body advising the Austrian Minister responsible for Science and Research. She is also a Slovenian delegate of ESFRI, European Strategy Forum of Research Infrastructures, and a member of the executive boards of ERF and ERIC Forum project.
She has authored/co-authored several expert reports contracted by the European Commission.
Trained as a chemist, she had published more than 60 peer-reviewed papers and a European patent.
Press & Communications
Industrial Liaison Office