PaNOSC closing event – Paving the way towards the PaN Data Commons
29.11.2022 - 30.11.2022
Grenoble – France
Paving the way towards the PaN Data Commons
We are glad to announce the final event of the PaNOSC project, to be held in Grenoble on 29-30 November, 2022. For those who may not join in person, there will be the chance to attend remotely.
The final event of PaNOSC aims to present the way forward for the major results achieved during the four years of the project. The project’s contributors will gather to discuss about the future and sustainability of the tools, software and services developed to make data findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR) at European Photon and Neutron (PaN) facilities, towards the implementation of a PaN Data Commons to further contribute to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
The event will also be an opportunity to collect feedback and expectations of PaN scientists on their view on the future of FAIR data.
Moreover, an overview of the policy issues related to the further implementation of the EOSC will also be addressed, by involving representatives of the EOSC and of research Infrastructures and PaN initiatives.
Other EOSC-related projects will be invited to share their best practices and lessons learnt from the experiences of their communities.
The event will gather scientists and staff of photon and neutron (PaN) facilities, representatives of the EOSC and its projects, as well as of ESFRI, the EOSC Association and PaN initiatives, to showcase the work carried out by PaNOSC (in coordination with its sister project, ExPaNDS) to make FAIR data a reality at research infrastructures (RIs) from the PaN cluster, and to discuss about the future challenges and goals to further sustain and increase the offer of PaN data services to the PaN community.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All PaNOSC contributors, to join the discussion on the future of the PaN Data Commons and how to further develop it.
- ExPaNDS contributors, to contribute to the discussion on the future of FAIR data services at PaN facilities.
- Members of national PaN initiatives
- Representatives of other EOSC-related projects, to exchange on best practices and lessons learnt.
- e-infrastructures to share about their contribution in the future towards the implementation of a federated infrastructure for access and use of FAIR data services.
- Scientists and users at PaN facilities, to learn about the tools, software and tools available for FAIR data science at PaN RIs.
- Photon and Neutron initiatives, to share their view on sustainability of PaN FAIR data services.
- ESFRI, EOSC Association, EOSC Future and other EOSC initiatives, to exchange on the policy issues related to FAIR data and the EOSC.
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON 15TH NOVEMBER 2022