Science Communication Officer
The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC–ERIC, is a multidisciplinary distributed Research Infrastructure open for basic and applied research in all fields of Materials, Biomaterials and Nanotechnology. CERIC has been built by integrating leading national research facilities based in 8 countries (Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, and Slovenia) into a unique pan European entity that supports the creation of knowledge and promotes the mobility of researchers in an international multicultural scientific environment.
As a Scientific Communication Officer, your role will be helping researchers to communicate their science to the world and promoting the opportunities of CERIC towards the scientific community.
- Selecting the most relevant scientific outcomes and writing for different audiences, adapting tone to engage with scientists and the general public alike.
- Translating the scientific outputs into compelling and understandable messages to engage the broader public.
- Promoting scientific news and the work of the organisation through digital content, communications and press releases.
- Establishing relationships with the media, as well as scientific experts who will contribute to stories.
- Organising the outreach and information events for scientists of various fields including hands-on, interactive science demonstrations.
- Promoting CERIC and its offer and opportunities at scientific conferences and other relevant events.
- Engage in the assessment of the socio-economic impact of CERIC.
Requirements and skills
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline. A degree in Science communication will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to engage different audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English (good knowledge of Italian is considered an advantage).
- Very good knowledge of MS office (especially Word and Power Point) and social media.
- Other key competencies: critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing, good team player with a flexible approach.
- Project management skills would be an asset.
The possibility to work remotely, a competitive salary and extensive development opportunities. The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Benefits include meal vouchers, education and training.
If you think you might be a perfect match for our company, send your CV, written in English, and a motivation letter, before February 28, 2023, to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following subject: Science Communication Officer
For further information about the project please contact: email@example.com