CERIC-funded PhD scholarship at Politecnico di Milano
CERIC is funding a PhD scholarship at the Politecnico di Milano in the research field of Energy and nuclear science and technology year 2021/21 – 37th cycle.
Topic: Morphochemical and structural changes of battery electrodes and solid electrolytes
Admission to the programmes will be based on the evaluation of the applicants’ academic curricula and academic qualifications, the applicants’ motivation letters and their report on the development of a possible PhD research project.
Applicants shall attach to their application:
- A certificate proving his/her knowledge of English, as specified in art. 2 of this call;
- A PDF report illustrating the development of a possible PhD research project minimum 4,000, maximum 8,000 characters, excluding bibliographies and pictures), prepared using the RTF form available in the procedure. If the aimed PhD programme includes research areas, applicants must attach a report for each – maximum two – research area for which they intend to compete. Please note that the research project illustrated in the report prepared for the competition is not necessarily the project that will be carried out during the PhD programme. If admitted, the research project that will in fact be carried out will be subsequently defined and approved by the Programme Faculty Board after the start of the PhD programme. The dissertation, complete with bibliographies and pictures must be contained in a single pdf file maximum size 3 MB;
- A curriculum vitæ in PDF format, using the template provided in RTF in the procedure. Applicants must supply the information requested in the CV template. In particular, the CV should include the list of the applicant’s publications and a recent photo of the candidate. Furthermore, it can also contain no more than two attached documents (for instance, a portfolio and a publication, or 2 publications) chosen among those that are deemed most significant to illustrate the applicant’s potential. The curriculum and its attachments, must be provided in a single file that shall not exceed 10 MB;
- PDF documents relating to all their University qualifications (awarded, or to be awarded), with the diploma in the original language, if available, the list of exams taken and the corresponding scores along with translations in Italian or English;
- A duly signed copy of their identification document; non-EU applicants must attach a copy of their passport, or of another identification document together with its translation in Italian or English;
- A copy of their Italian tax code. This request is mandatory for Italian applicants, while foreign applicants will be required to obtain and submit an Italian tax code to complete the enrolment.
Applications may be submitted online no later than 2pm (CET) on 21st May 2021
Before accessing the online procedure please read carefully:
- The call public announcement Public examination for admission to the PhD course at Politecnico di Milano (XXXVII cycle):
- The “Quickstart” manual for the online admission procedure;
- The FAQs (frequently asked questions).
Access the online admission procedure in ENGLISH here.
Access the online admission procedure in ITALIAN here.
References for more info