CERIC@ESOF2020 / Watch the talks by our users at the ERF@ESOF2020 booth
From the 2nd to the 6th of September, CERIC successfully contributed to the ERF-AISBL booth at the Science in the City Festival @ ESOF 2020 at Magazzino 28 in the Trieste Old Port (Italy), with a set of recorded and online/onsite live talks by some of the researchers who benefited from the open access to the CERIC laboratories and instruments, for research in all fields of materials, biomaterials and nanotechnology.
Our speakers focused on their studies in the fields of environmental sciences, cultural heritage, batteries and energy materials:
- Elisa Bergami (Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Siena) – Environment and microplastics news from Antarctica / Ambiente e microplastiche: notizie dall’Antartide (watch the recorded video here – min. 1:39:40).
- Giovanni De Giudici (Department of Chemical and Geological Sciences, University of Cagliari)- Dispersion of metal in historic mine areas: microscopic processes and environmental resilience / Dispersione di metalli in aree minerarie storiche: processi microscopici e resilienza ambientale (watch the recorded video here – min. 11:46).
- Giacomo Fiocco (Laboratorio Arvedi di Diagnostica non Invasiva, CISRiC, Università degli Studi di Pavia) – Synchrotron light and cultural heritage: a travel through the varnishes of the historical Cremonese violins / Luce di sincrotrone e beni culturali: viaggio attraverso le vernici dei violini storici cremonesi (watch the recorded talk here – min. 42:00).
- Lorenzo Stievano (Institut Charles Gerhardt Montpellier) – Future generation batteries: latest news and developments / Batterie del futuro: ultime novità e sviluppi (watch the recorded talk here: min. 1:09:20).
The recordings of the live streamed talks (in Italian) by CERIC users, as well as those proposed by the scientists of the other participating ERF members, are available online at the following links:
- 3 September /1 – Stefano Pasisi (MLZ), Riccardo Bevilacqua (ESS), Gaetano Mangiapia (MLZ), Elisa Bergami (CERIC-ERIC), Laura Guasco (MLZ), Nicola Gentile Fusillo (ESO)
- 3 September /2 – Mattia Scardamaglia (MAX IV)
- 4 September /1 – Laura Guasco (MLZ)
- 4 September /2 – Giovanni De Giudici (CERIC-ERIC), Giacomo Fiocco (CERIC-ERIC)
- 4 September /3 – Alice Pellegrini (SKA), Maurizio Miccolis (SKA), Pietro Bolli (SKA), Marco Bartolini (SKA)
- 5 September /4 – Luca Stringhetti (SKA), Corrado Trigilio (SKA), Lorenzo Stievano (CERIC-ERIC)