Holographic Electron Microscopy
Holographic Electron Microscopy at the University of Salento
CRYO-TEM Jeol NEOARM JEM-ARM200F (HOLO-TEM) equipped with:
-JEOL’s unique cold field emission gun (Cold FEG)
-Cs corrector (ASCOR) that compensates for higher order aberrations
The combination of a Cold FEG and ASCOR enables atomic-resolution imaging at not only 200 kV accelerating voltage, but also a low voltage of 30 kV.
“NEOARM” is equipped with an automated aberration correction system that incorporates JEOL’s new aberration correction algorithm for automatic fast and precise aberration correction. This system enables higher-throughput atomic-resolution imaging.
Furthermore, a new STEM detector that provides enhanced contrast of light elements is incorporated as a standard unit. Contrast enhancement of light elements is achieved by a new STEM imaging technique (e-ABF: enhanced ABF), facilitating observation of light-element materials, even at low accelerating voltages.
- Resolution1: STEM HAADF image 70pm (200kV), 100 pm (80kV), 160 pm (30 kV)
TEM information limit 100 pm (200kV), 110 pm (80 kV), 250 pm (30 kV)
- Electron gun: Cold field emission gun (Cold FEG): standard
- Aberration corrector: STEM: NEO ASCOR HOAC2, TEM: CETCOR with DSS3
- Corrector auto tuning system: NEO JEOL COSMO Auto tuning system Ad-hoc tune (SIAM) built-in
- Accelerating voltage: 30 to 200 kV (30, 80, 200 kV: standard, 60, 120 kV: optional)
- Magnetic field free mode: Lorentz lens settings (x50 to 80 k on screen): standard
- Specimen movement system: X, Y and Z super-fine mechanical drive, ultra-fine piezo device drives: standard
- Operation type: RDS 4 operation
1 UHR /UHR with STEM/TEM Cs corrector configured
2 HOAC (Higher order aberration corrector)
3 DSS (DeScan system)
4 (Room divided style)
Lucio Calcagnile (tel:)