System Administrator – European Open Science Cloud
The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC–ERIC, is a multidisciplinary Research Infrastructure open for basic and applied research in all fields of Materials, Biomaterials and Nanotechnology. CERIC has been built by integrating leading national research facilities based in 8 countries (Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania and Slovenia) into a unique European entity supporting the production of basic knowledge and technology transfer, and promoting the mobility of researchers in an international multicultural scientific environment.
The position is available for CERIC-ERIC within the European project Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud – PaNOSC. PaNOSC aims at the development of meta-data catalogues and data repositories to provide federated services for making research data easily Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Re-usable (FAIR). PaNOSC will provide petabytes of curated data from thousands of applied and basic science experiments annually and the analysis software for many fields ranging from materials and life sciences to cultural heritage and palaeontology.
The job post relates to the project tasks regarding the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). The project aims at building and integrating the EOSC. By collaborating with the EOSC-hub project, PaNOSC will contribute to the EOSC Hub, the Service Integration and Management system (SIAM) accountable for ensuring that all EOSC service and data providers perform to provide a seamless service that is compliant to obligations and align services and data to defined policies and standards. The successful candidate as part of a team will participate in the various system administration and management tasks of the project.
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Jupyter, including JupyterLab/Notebook, Binder, widgets.
- Advanced Linux and networking administration applied to HPC/HTC.
- Deployment and management of high capacity data storage distributed infrastructures.
- Software Package creation and management in multi-platform environments.
- Database administration in distributed installations.
- At least 3 years of Experience with medium/large scale setups.
- GPU architectures is a plus
- Virtualisation, containers, virtual machines and cloud technologies.
- High performance computing as administrator.
- English is the working language, hence very good communication and writing skills in English are necessary.
- Availability to travel in other partner institutes and attend project meetings.
The position will be based in Basovizza, Trieste, Italy. Full time, fixed term contract, for 48 months. The compensation offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include meal vouchers, health insurance, education and training. 33 days holiday + Bank holidays.
If you think you might be a perfect match for our company, send your CV, written in English, and the list of two references, before January 31st, 2019, to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following subject: System Administrator – European Open Science Cloud
For further information about the project please contact: email@example.com